Thursday, February 8, 2007

"Sana Maulit Muli: A Comments"

          First of all I did not write this because I love the show. No. I wrote this because I happened to watch a part of it today, and that part of the television series let me rediscover three important things in human life. You’ll know when you’re done reading my entry. By the way, before I formally begin, I would like to inform you that tonight (the day I wrote this) is January 11, 2007. This one’s another narrative, but probably, a shorter one… I would encourage my readers to read this without any intervals or interruptions. This advice is practically applicable to all short stories. Never mind what happened this afternoon. Sako na lang ito padi ta baka magsabi na naman ang saro jan tigkakalat ko na naman. Pasensya na… Anyway, this is how my night went…



          I arrive home at about quarter to seven. People downstairs are preparing for dinner, browsing the channels in the television, doing assignments, singing, moving around, and are continuously talking. I sigh to myself. Good thing I got these fools to cheer me up… though they’re not enough… *sigh*… I proceed upstairs, to my room, change my clothes, act as if I’m the happiest person on Earth, and –wait, what’s next? What will I do again? Oh yes, I’ll do my assignment in Social Studies. At least I’m done. Nothing left to do now. I’m getting bored. Oh wait! Damn! I forgot to print my previous blog in Friendster™! Me and one of my classmates are supposed to conduct a devious plot tomorrow, you know. Hehehe… $#!+!!! Anyway, I decide to call up some classmates. I’ll ask them a favor… I call Alec…



          “Alec, may Internet kamo? Pwedeng maghagad favor? Pa-print katong blog ko sa Friendster…”


          “Ay sorry Myk, mayo kaya kaming connection kadto pa… haloy na…”

          “Iyo? Sige, salamat na lang… salamat! Bye!”

          I call Jeff…

          “Jeff, may Internet ka?”

          “Ay mayo kami Myk, tano?”

          “Mayo man… mapa-print lang kudta akong blog… sa Friendster… Sige salamat!”

          I call Eliz…

          “Sis, may Internet connection kamo? Mapa-print kudta akong blog…”

          “Mayo. Blog sa? Friendster?”

          “Ahh, iyo. Sige salamat…”

          “Halat lang…”

          “Tano?”

          “Tig-invite mo na si ano…?”

          “Padi, (in the words of Kenneth), no comment ako diyan. Sige, bye!”

          What a zwischen-question (if a zwischen-check is an in-between or interposing move in chess, I guess I’ll coin the word zwischen-question, meaning, an unexpected and interruptive question.)… I call Faye… the line’s busy… Sure, I could just go there by walking a few meters, but my timidity triumphed over me. I won’t let go there anymore… I call Xis. Unfortunately, or should I say, fortunately, someone else answers… and the favor turned to a conversation…

          “Hello? Good evening po, pwede po kay Alexis?”

          “Ay, tulog pa. Sino ‘to.”

          “Sisay, ako? Ako? Iyo, ako. Ako.”

          “Umm, si Myk?”

          “Iyo, ako… ako…”

          “Garo ka daw kapay.”

          “Sisay, ako? Ako? Dai, ugma lang ako.”

          “Hay, may problema ka ano? Ano, sabiha na.”

          “Ako?! Ako, may problema? Sisay ako? Mayo baga akong problema… ugma baga ako?”

          Dude, lying to myself must be the greatest lie I’d ever made! ME? Happy? No problem? Impossible… even though that day was a damned one, I made sure I don’t let any of my cats out of the bag. I won’t get off guard … I will twist her psyche if I had to, just don’t let any problem get out of my mouth…

          “Nakakapay ka na talaga… Sabiha na kaya, tungkol kay ______? Tig-invite mo na palan ‘to? Sa Prom?”

          “Dai, ugma baga talaga ako, mayo ngani akong problema ni saro… Ako pa, ako… ako… iyo, ako…”

          “I-invite mo na angni. Mainutan ka pa ni _______.”

          “Mainutan? then go… (Sir Willy voice) Kung habo niya sako, then go…”

          “Nakakapay ka na talaga. Ano ngani problema?”

          “Sisay ako? Ako?”

          Let’s just say, the “ako” circulation technique, which I acquired from a good friend, not only prolonged our time in the phone, but also obviated our supposed-to-be sharing moment. That brought me good news… somehow…

          After the telebabad session with Kate (not Panis, but the sister of Alexis), I go back upstairs, take my dinner, and start to play chess. I am about to move my Queen when my cousin told me that someone on the other end of the telephone line was looking for me. I’m coming, I’m coming. Then, I pick up the phone’s receiver. It was Jeff. He asks me the materials we needed to buy for computer. Yes, the RJ-45 and the UTP CAT5 cable. We bid each other goodbye, and I go back upstairs again. Scarcely had I turned to go to my room when I hear the Gary Valenciano song, “Sana Maulit Muli”, being played on the television. Uyan na si Kim tapos si Gerald. Good luck. I mock it but, instinctively weird as I am, I go and watch it. There is Erich, my first-year-high-school celebrity crush. I would like to highlight the word “crush”. Why? Because I want you to know that I like my crush because of her looks, but I love my loved one because of her attitude. That’s the diff!

          Going back to the telenovela, I focused on the storyline and the dialogues of Erich as Camille, Gerald as Travis, and Kim as Jasmine. Fine, fine. They’re doing well… for beginners. If I’ll tell you the whole story, it would take two more pages, so I deleted them. While I am watching the movie, I jot down meaningful dialogues from certain characters, but the only character who gave me my fill of significant dialogues was the old, foretelling, bilocating man. He quoted three good statements.

          The first one goes like this: “May dalawang uri lang ng problema ang tao: pera, o pag-ibig.” Whoa, wait a minute. Don’t take the quote per se. The term money there symbolizes all the Earthly and superficial things a man wishes for his life. Love there on the other hand, should be taken as is –love itself. To paraphrase, “Man thinks only about two things in life: the Earthly ones, or love.” I’m sleepy so go ahead and interpret this quote yourself…

          The next one is this : “Gawin mo na ang lahat ng dapat mong gawin. Maikli lang ang buhay mo. Darating rin ang oras mo.” This one may wrap you in a sepulchral aura and a gloomy ambience, but pay no heed to those negativities. Read the message. The message says that we should do all we can and all the things we should do and want to do on Earth– before it is too late. Say ‘I Love You’ to the people you love, give them also the chance to express to you what they feel about you, and finally, let them feel that you will never leave them, cost what it may… Again, you continue…

          The third and the last one, goes like this: “Dapat mong gamitin ang puso mo sa lahat ng bagay na gagawin mo.” ‘Huh?! So in Math we will use our hearts in solving, not our mind?’ is another hasty and shallow interpretation of the quote. But why not? You yourself can feel if your answer is right, right? Not at all times, though. Use your heart. Your mind contains the Knowledge and Wisdom of man, but keep in mind (block that metaphor!) that it also comes with Limitations. The heart, then again, contains the Knowledge and Wisdom of God, no Limitations and most of all, it contains, Love. So which will you choose, your mind which tells you to “think” first about the problem, or your heart, which lets God think the decision or solution up for you? Don’t argue with me. My previous statement about the “choosing” thing is not a matter of questioning you, my dear reader, but I did it for the sake of uplifting and appraising the value of the heart over the mind… I’m sleepy… You think about the rest… thanks… this is it for my narrative…

No comments: